Want horse-riding-tips that will feed your passion for horses?
As horse enthusiasts, we can never get enough horse-riding-tips, horse-information, or good common sense horse-training-tips. We want more of everything that has to do with our horses.
Practical horse-riding-tips, horse-stories and friendly people to share our experiences with, are part of what horses are all about.From horse health to horse behavior we want to know it all and experience it all.
Every time we come across another horse tip or new idea,we run down to the barn and show our equine companion how clever we are. Oh so patiently he allows us to put this new found tidbit into practice.
...ask an old friend
It is amazing what a wealth of knowledge and experience you can accumulate over 40 years especially riding, training and caring for hundreds of horses over those years.
Even the rough times somehow hold a tender spot in our hearts and brings out a chuckle. Those frustrating moments with our horse, that we finally manage to overcome, just add to our inner resources. We stash those failures and successes away in our mental library . Then some other day, perhaps with another horse, we are pleased with ourselves when our mental reference library of horse-riding-tips tells us …“Ok, I’m on top of this!”
I have condensed these practical Horse-Riding-Tips into an easy to follow guide for riders of all levels. It is a summary of these many years, many horses, and many horse masters who have helped in my quest for.....harmony between horse and rider.
….with experience comes wisdom
The knowledge gained from horses never becomes out dated or useless. It just blossoms and grows with every added cherished memory.
For instance….*When I was a child discovering horses I wanted to know the names of all the parts of my pony.Today horse-anatomy has evolved into how aspects such as biomechanics, vision and hearing of the horse influences our riding and training.
*My early experiences in dressage and 3-day-eventing led me to the fascinating world of equestrian sports.
*My first trail ride evolved into a love of dressage, as an art form.
…putting your knowledge where your mouth is
I have graduated from barn brat to master in horse-chat. Friends(or complete “ horse” strangers) will start a conversation with me about anything from feeding tips, horse-riding-tips, to the latest and greatest grooming techniques. Anything horse related is a good excuse to begin an animated discussion here at Horse-Riding-Tips -n-Chat. Somehow there is an instant connection with your fellow horse-chatter.
Chatting about this morning’s trail ride or your latest horse adventure is a way to share your love and passion for horses without becoming insanely repetitious …. “I love my horses” ..“My horse this….My horse that”.
…..expressing your passion for horses
As a young girl I could never get enough pony time. So when I could not be riding a pony I would draw horse-pictures.
Today my down time and the artistic side of me, are quenched with horse-art, horse-quotes, horse-poems and even horse clip-art. I have accumulated this art and artsy apparel through the years. I feel somehow obligated to feed this creative side of me at any opportunity I find. All the pages here at horse-riding-tips are a great way to share these pictures and artwork with fellow horse-lovers. Which leads me to other ……
…..benefits of being a horse lover.....while keeping our sense of humor..
....our horses save us money (because we are too busy to go on shopping sprees to the local mall). Now mind you, visiting every tack supply shop on every continent is not, I repeat NOT just shopping. It is an educational experience that helps nurture, as an adult, my creative side. :) Even just the smell and feel of horse tack is a creative experience.
....our ponies can start us on a path of early career development. :) Some of the best vets I know started their training caring for their first horse. My farrier, an avid rodeo rider, started learning about horse's feet ( at age 10) when his pony lost a shoe and had to be pulled out of the 4-H competition that day.
....our horses make us health conscious. Since that first carrot fed to that first pony, I have cared for dozens of horses. I observed how their nutritional needs affects their performance and disposition. I have accumulated some darn good horse health advise. I draw from this accumulated knowledge when I can’t get a straight reply from one of my equine friends. “ Not eating today? Anything wrong?” Droopy head, glazed, inert eyes, look at me as if to say: “ You're supposed to know.” And… most of the time I do! Or I can find the answer in horse health advice and horse-stories that have been shared with me over the years . Good, solid shared experiences of others who have “been there, done that”
READY TO FEED THE PASSION?
Put up your saddle---
....pull up a hay bale---
........grab your favorite thirst quencher---
............let’s get down to some serious horse-chat.
Find what you need- learn what you can- share what you will.
Relate to my memories - let’s have a laugh together.
Horses are a passion - passion feeds a never ending need to learn
Learning keeps us young - but yet - it makes us wise.
It’s all here………………………ENJOY
- Tips-n-Chat BLOG
- Tips-n-Chat Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Horse-riding-tips-n-chat.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Horse Tips -Tack-N-Tidbits
- If you're looking for horse tips, recommendations on horse tack, and supplies, and tidbits of wisdom about horses... subscribe to Horse-Riding-Tips-N-Chat ezine. It keeps you up to date on .........
- Horse-chat Contibute and Share
- Want to horse-chat about a certain topic on this site? Have something to contribution or a question or even a quote? This is the place to :Find what you need- learn what you can-share what you will.
- Horse-riding-tips start with the basics. Good horsemanship, whether it be in english or western tack or bareback is just good horsemanship. That special communication between rider and horse........
- horse-riding-tips The Movements
- Horse-riding-tips. The ridability of the horse is developed through a set of exercises called the movements The movements are exercises such as the leg yield, shoulder in, half pass, and piaffe.
- Horse-Riding-Tips The Aids
- The method that we use, explained here in Horse-Riding-Tips, to communicate with our non verbal partner the horse, are called The Aids. This is a communication based on feel and touch.
- Riders Position
- What is the correct riders position in the saddle? Whether you ride in a western saddle or a dressage saddle there is a corect position that enables the horse to find and maintain his balance.
- Horse Riding Tips
- Horse Riding Tips 2a: the positon of the rider's hands is important for communicating with the horse thru the bit and for stabalizing the rider's position as well as the horse's balance. The type..
- Horse-Riding-Tips Stretching your Horse
- Horse-riding-tips: about stretching your horse. The correct way to stretch your horse and get the proper relaxation of the back without sacrificing balance. Stretching versus riding on the forehand
- The Dressage-Arena -A Practical guide to Horse-Riding-TIps
- The Dressage-Arena gives you practical applications of horse-riding-tips-n-chat . It also gives you graphics and diagrams to help you understand the principals and techniques explained throughout.
- Dressage-Arena Glossary of Terms
- Every sport has its 'lingo'. Here's a dressage-arena glossary of terms that can help you when communicating with instructors, riders and by judges on the score sheets of dressage tests.
- Horse Riding Tips
- Horse Riding Tips. Help with training, riding and horse behavior. Ask a question or submit a comment and have your fellow horse experts or Diane give you tips and advise.
- Dressage Freestyle
- A dressage freestyle well designed and finely executed can be enjoyed by everyone even if they are not familiar with the sport or the art of dressage
- This is the place to find gifts-for-horselovers. Gifts with your favorite horse quotes, horse pictures, horse apparel, horse posters and horse art
- Horse Supplies
- All the latest and greatest horse supplies for you , your horse and your barn. Great prices on saddles, bridles, stable supplies and horse blankets. Easy to find quality tack from your favorite brand
- Riding Apparel
- Here are my top picks for riding apparel for the whole family. From breeches to helmets, chaps, boots, and accessories. All the resources you need for stylish apparel and tack at great prices.
- Womens Horse Apparel
- Shopping for horse apparel , clothing with horse motifs, horse sweaters, horse shoes is a favorite pass time. Showing off my new horse hoodie at a barn party is a definite cause for new horse chat and
- Horse Supplies
- Looking for easy to find, quality horse supplies at good prices? Shop for a large variety of barn supplies, buckets, saddle racks, hay nets, tools and more from some of your favorite brands …
- Horse Grooming Supplies
- Find horse grooming supplies, grooming brushes, horse combs, braiding supplies, and everything to make your horse beautiful and healthy. Make him shine with the newest and best grooming supplies at .
- Dressage Saddles
- Buy dressage saddles that offer quality at a great price. These saddles are discounted but highly recommended for the craftsmanship, stability and support given to riders leg /position and comfort....
- Gifts for Pony Lovers
- Gifts for pony lovers is the place to find tack and horse supplies for your child 7 pony. Riding helmets, boots, bridles, gifts, toys, pony blankets and kids riding apparel at great prices. Name bran
- Horse Health Care
- Find horse health care products and medicines that you need to keep on hand for your horse's first aid and general horse management. You can handle most first aid needs of your horse if you are prep..
- Horse Supplements
- Find some of the best horse supplements on the market and informational books on how why and when to add supplements to your horse's diet....
- Gifts For Horse Lovers
- Indulge! Or find that special person gifts for horse lovers that they will cherish. From horsey picture frames, horsey jewerly to equestrian handbags ..have a fun, relaxiing shopping experience..
- Home Decor
- Home decor that represents our love of horses, country living and the rich heritage of the american west. Shop for those great western home accent pieces to make your any room a cabin a cozy expr..,
- Horse Books
- Recommended horse books from Gifts for Horse Lovers. Reading about horses is almost as good as riding when we can't be with our equine friend. These books are a great resource for horse knowl..
- Horse Art
- Horse art is something everyone can appreciate. Enjoy browsing through some of my favorites. Pictures and posters of horses make great gifts for any occasion.
- Horse Calendars
- Everyone loves horse calendars! Here is a selection of my favorites for the upcoming year. A picture of a horse can spruce up any room or tack room and if its informational all the better. Buy your
- Horse-Training-Tips Introduction
- After 25 years of teaching and training I have formulated a few good horse-training-tips to help with the basics of “getting along with your horse……”
- Horse-behavior, mystery or logic? Understanding the way horses think, act and react, can demystify the techniques of communicating with the horse. Horses and humans have more in common then not ...
- Body language of horses
- The Why, What and How of the body language of horses. People and horses use body-language to communicate. Some people are just better "listeners" than others. Developing our skills of observation is
- Horse-Behavior Demystified
- Horse-Behavior Demystified....It was not so many days ago that a curious incident brought to my awareness how mysterious horses are to some people. Strange since the horse has been domesticated for
- Horse-behavior ..How Horses Communicate
- Observing horse-behavior and how horses communicate with each other, leads us to a language where the body must take over for the voice. In the absense of a shared verbal language, horses and humans..
- Horse-anatomy can go far beyond just ‘the parts of the horse’. How the horse’s hearing, vision and biomechanics influence our riding and training adds a hole new perspective to the subject.
- Horse-Anatomy-Biomechanics of the Horse
- Horse-Anatomy-Biomechanics of the horse is is an essential tool for riding and training. Ever wonder why some horses look so graceful with certain riders?
- Horse-Anatomy Hearing
- Horse-anatomy...the horse’s ears have to be one of the most expressive parts of his anatomy. The ears can convey so much information about his personality, his mood and even alert you to...
- Horse-Anatomy Vision
- Horse-Anatomy Vision...You'r riding down a quiet trail. Before you know it, with his wide panoramic monocular vision, your horse has detect some movement somewhere that you cannot see.
- Lets Horse-Chat about the Basics
- A typical day at the barn provides us with great horse-chat material. Anything and everything you can do with horses is fun to talk about and discuss. Need some advise? Have a suggestion?........
- Horse-Chat... A Handy Feeding-Tips Chart
- Horse-chat about nutrition is a lengthy topic. Everyone has opinions to share that are worth listening to. Here are some handy horse feeding-tips, with a quick reference chart on how much to feed.
- Horse-Chat The Stallion Xampu
- One of the topics in Horse-Chat that seems to be of interest to everyone is the story about My Stallion Xantel and how he recently got cast in his stall. Wow that was a stressful day...
- Horse-Chat Why Ride
- Horse-chat about why we ride....so where does the passion come from?
- Horse-stall bedding and Mucking
- Mucking a horse-stall and filling it with fresh bedding makes for happy horses and satisfied horse owners.
- Equestrian-sports are for everyone no matter what your age, ability or interest level. Even as a dressage rider I have enjoyed participating in polo, reining, eventing and even barrel racing.
- The history-of-the-horse starts with the Condylarthra which were the ancestors of all hoofed mammals.
- equestrian-sports Competitive Dressage
- One of the equestrian-sports that has grown a lot in the last few decades is competitive Dressage. Think of it as competitive horse training. Dressage attracts people of all ages & ability levels.
- The History-of-Dressage
- An integral part of the History-of-Dressage are the writings of Xenophon (360 BC) which examine the training of the horse in terms of the understanding the horse's psyche and the use of kindness and
- Classical-Dressage or Dressage-as-an-Art
- Classical-dressage can be considered an art. Adding passion and espression to the techniques of riding and training, leads a rider into a whole new perception of horses, dressage and communicating.
- Classical Dressage -The Masters
- The great classical dressage masters have left us a written account of the experience and knowledge gained over a lifetime of studying the training of the horse.
- Horse-Diseases and Horse Health
- Recognizing horse-diseases and lameness....is all part of good horse management. Wouldn't it be great if horses could just tell us what was hurting them or making them feel ill?
- Horse-nutrition is a subject that has grown as fast as the different brands of horse feed concentrates. Some basic facts about the horse's digestive system and eating habits can help solve feeding ..
- Horse-Diseases Colic
- Horse-diseases such as Colic in horses due to impaction can sometimes be successfully handled surgically. Levi is living proof of that!
- Horse-Diseases Strangles
- Horse-diseases such as strangles can put your whole barn was in a panic!
- Horse-Diseases Laminitis
- One of the horse-diseases that can affect ponies in particular is Laminitis. The thought of our little Navajo suffering from laminitis gave us a real fright.
- Horse-diseases Navicular Syndrome
- How the pony Black Jack deals with one of the fairly common horse-diseases, or lamenesses: naviculariar At 16 years old and he is still performing.
- Favorite and not so well known horse-quotes. Horses teach us a lot of things about life. Sometimes the right combination of words can sum it up just perfectly!
- Horse-quotes 2
- More of your favorite and not so well known horse-quotes. Horses teach us a lot of things about life. Sometimes the right combination of words can sum it up just perfectly!
- Dressage-quotes from famous horse masters of dressage. There is a lot to be learned and to apply to our daily riding and training by reading and remembering some of these truely great quotes.
- Horse-Quotes -The Masters
- Horse-quotes from one of the great riding masters of the 1800's, manages to explain the very tricky subject of communicating with the horse through the language of touch in a very clear manner.
- Horse-poems and Verses
- Horse-poems and verses old and new. Horses can inspire people in many ways.
- Horse-Quotes For Riders
- Some of these horse-quotes for riders are just the thing we need, when we wonder if we are the only ones that are so impassioned about our horses and our riding. Well we are not. It's been around ..
- Horse-clipart is a great way to express yourself. Find clipart gifts, stickers, hats, keychains, t-shirts, even clipart with your favorite quotes! I would love to have you add to the collection...
- Here is some more of my own dressage-clipart that I have accumulated over the years.
- Horse clipart is fun and if it's "free-horse-clipart " it's even better. Copy and paste these pictures onto your emails, letters, calendars, notepads. Enjoy!...
- Horse-breeds.....When man started domesticating horses approximately 3000 years ago there existed 4 distinct types of horses different in appearance, conformation and abilities.
- Types of Horses
- Horses can be classified by types of horses, breeds, color or even size. A type of a horse usually refers to his ability or conformation that might predispose him for a certain task.
- Horse-breeds The Andalusian
- The Andalusian horse is one of the famous Spanish Horse-breeds.
- Horse-Breeds Anglo-Arab
- The Anglo-Arab-horse began as one of the modern horse-breeds in early 20th century France
- Horse-breeds Hanoverian
- One of many delightful horse-breeds the Hanoverian traces back to ...
- Horse-Breeds Riding Pony
- The Riding Pony is actually one of many horse-breeds. It is a breed that is registered through the National Pony Society Stud Book.
- Horse-Breeds Lusitano
- The Lusitano horse is acknowledged as one of Iberian horse-breeds, originating in Portugal . Under Roman rule the Portuguese territory was known as Lusitania and thus the name Lusitano.
- Horse-Breeds Oldenburg
- One of the horse-breeds originating in Europe, the Oldenburg is a cross between three types of horses , the German, the Spanish and the Italian
- Horse-Breeds Thoroughbred
- The Thoroughbred has played an incomparable role in upgrading many horse-breeds and in establishing new breeds.
- Horse-breeds TheTrakehner
- Of all horse-breeds, the Trakehner , although a warm blood is closes in appearance to the thoroughbred.
- Horse-articles that are fun and entertaining to read as well as educational. Learn what you can, share what you will, and most importantly enjoy...
- Horse-facts about behavior are presented here in a concise list. When observing our horse's behavior these facts can help us to understand why our horse is acting or reacting in a certain way .
- horse-facts and interesting horse tips
- Knowing some horse-facts is always handy when chatting with other horse people. Some people like to think of themselves as horse trivia experts. Of course they are also educational and come in handy
- Contact Horse-Riding-Tips-n-Chat
- Contact information for Horse-Riding-Tips-n-Chat